Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Ambition To Say "I Love You" Back

After he said the magic three words, I tried to say it many times.

Attempt 1: The Next Day

Lunchtime and I'm standing in my office practising how to say it back in my head.

A few minutes later he walks in.

"Hey. Sorry I'm late, something came up." He hands me my sandwich and Cherry Coke. "What is it that was so urgent."

"Oh um.. well.. um.. I just wanted to say..." He looked at me, anticipating the answer. "..About last night I.. I.. love.. y..our tongue." Crap. So close.

He smiled but looked obviously quite disappointed. "I try my best."

I smiled and giggled uncomfortably.

That was the first of many attempts. Lost count of how many times I attempted to say it.

The Accidental Success: A Week Later (19.08.2008)

We're at his house.

It's morning.

I'm in the shower.

He joins me.

We've just had our usual sweet sincere sex.

We start fooling around then he grabs my butt cheeks and pulls me up to my tiptoes and plants a kiss on my lips.. a prolonged peck. He stares into my eyes.

"I love you too." It just came out of my mouth and I had no intention of saying it at that moment but I did.

He closed his eyes in relief as if he was savoring the moment. After a few moments, he opened his eyes and stared at me again.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say it. It feels like I've been waiting years." He chuckled with happiness. He looked like a little schoolboy who'd gotten his way, it was completely cute.

We hugged each other and called in sick after some shower sex.

The bosses above us weren't happy but we didn't care.

We were naked the entire time.

Kisses, V.V.

0 comments: